Over a year after its release, the iPhone X has a new display replacement program going live, with Apple announcing that it will replace iPhone X displays that exhibit the ghost touch issue.
This new replacement program is for something that has actually been a problem for the last year or so, with some iPhone X units experiencing issues with the responsiveness of their displays. Some users even reported that their displays were exhibiting phantom touches, with the screen registering a touch when one hadn’t been initiated. Now, Apple says that it will replace displays that are defective due to a faulty display module component.
Anyone who has been living with such issues can now get themselves a free repair by either an Apple retail store or one of the many Apple Authorized Service Providers. Perhaps tellingly, Apple has not said whether only certain serial number ranges are impacted, suggesting this problem can befall any iPhone X on existence, even those that have been sold recently. The iPhone X was available to buy prior to the arrival of the iPhone XS.
Anyone planning to take Apple up on its offer of a free repair should make sure that their devices are fully backed up before going to a repair center or Apple Store, and Apple also says that if a device has a cracked screen that may need to be repaired before the defective component can be replaced. That won’t be covered under the free repair process, of course.
If you have already paid for a repair that would fall under this new program, Apple says you can contact Apple Support in order to get a refund on any fees you paid.
For more on this, check out Apple’s page on the issue here.
You may also like to check out:
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 On iPhone XS Max Achieved By KeenLab
- Jailbreak iOS 12.0.1 Gets New Hope As Project Zero’s Bug Has Been Found To Have Been Patched In iOS 12.1
- Download iOS 12.1.1 Beta 2 IPSW Links, OTA For Compatible iPhone And iPad
- 2018 iPad Pro 11 / 12.9-Inch Glass Screen Protector: Here Are The Best Ones Available Today [List]
- Downgrade iOS 12.1 To iOS 12.0.1 On iPhone Or iPad, Here’s How
- Download iOS 12.1 Final IPSW Links, OTA Update For iPhone And iPad
- Jailbreak iOS 12.1 / 12.0.1 / 12 On iPhone And iPad [Status Update]
- Download 2018 iPad Pro Wallpapers For Any iPad, iPhone